Sauteed Shrimp with Red Pepper Tomato Cream Sauce
Cathy Borden for Bruno's Supermarkets
** I used Cooked Shrimp Frozen Tail on Peeled and Deveined as they were on sale at Bruno's . Use whatever is reasonably priced. If you use raw, add 4 minutes to the cooking time when you add the shrimp to the sauce.
• 1 Pound shrimp
• 2 cans Hunts Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
• 2 tbsp tomato paste
• 2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
• Olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic minced or 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• ¾ Package Uncooked Pasta of your choice.
• ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
• ¼ teaspoon dried basil or use fresh if you have it.
• ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Cook Pasta according to directions on box.
In a large dutch oven or Sautee Pan heat 2 tbsp. Olive Oil over low heat. Add crushed red pepper and garlic and cook just until fragrant.
Add tomato paste and cook , stirring for about 1 minute. Add Diced Tomatoes, Salt to taste and dried basil and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and add shrimp continue to cook until all ingredients are heated through. Serve immediately.
Top each serving with a bit of grated parmesan. Enjoy!