PAN SEARED SCALLOPS
5 Each Scallops, U-10, dry
½ teaspoon Salt and Black Pepper Mix
2 Tablespoon Canola Oil
5 slices Herb Butter, 1/8” sliced (Recipe Follows)
1 Cup Garlic Mashed Potato, hot
1 Cup Sauteed Vegetables, hot
- 1. Season the scallops lightly on both sides with salt and black pepper mix.
- 2. Pre-heat pan on high heat. Do not add the oil until you are certain the pan is hot.
- 3. When you add the oil, it should shimmer and see wisps of smoke—too much smoke means the pan is too hot. Immediately put your scallops in the pan, flat side down. Cook for 2 minutes, lift the edges gently. When the scallops are caramelized and a mahogany brown color, turn them over and reduce heat by half. Cook for 2 minutes. They are done when they are firm to the touch. Top each scallop with Herb Butter. Place in the broiler for 30 seconds.
- 4. Spoon HOT garlic mashed potatoes place it at the center of the bowl. Arrange the freshly sauteed and hot vegetables around the mashed potatoes. Arrange the scallops around the vegetables.
½ LB. Butter, unsalted, room temperature
2 Tablespoons Yellow Onion, minced
1 Tablespoons Chives, minced
1 Tablespoons Parsley, minced
1 teaspoon Tarragon, minced
1 Tablespoon Basil, minced
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
¼ teaspoon Black Pepper, ground
- 1. Place softened butter in a mixing bow. Add the remaining ingredients and mix to combine very well.
- 2. Place in half sheets of parchment paper and roll into logs – 3/4” in diameter
- 3. Freeze or refrigerate until ready to serve.