BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) - Interim Birmingham mayor Carole Smitherman on Friday revealed the people she had selected for the city's new budget task force.
The task force will be made up of eight members and chaired by John McMahon, chairman of Ligon Industries.
Smitherman, in a statement to FOX6 News, said she tried to get a good group of financial professionals and business leaders.
"My hope is that they can recommend meaningful changes to our system to help us avoid the type of budget situation that we find ourselves in now," said Smitherman.
The task force includes:
- John McMahon, Chairman of Task Force - Chairman of Ligon Industries
- Hobby Presley - Presley, Burton & Collier
- Doug Turner - Censeo
- David Corbin - Trinity Finances, LLC.
- Will Matthews - Partner New Capital Partners and former CFO of Alabama National Bank Corporation
- Ann Florie - Executive Director, Leadership Birmingham and designated by the Birmingham Business Alliance
- Connie Harris-President of Sheppherd-Harris and Associates, PC
- Guin Robinson- Director of Institutional Development, Jefferson State Community College