HOMEWOOD, A L (WBRC) - Brookside Fire Department is getting help from a Firehouse. This one just happens to be a restaurant instead of a fire department.
Firehouse Subs donated a new Rad 57 Carbon Monoxide detector to Brookside on Tuesday. The detector is used to measure amounts of carbon monoxide exposure in victims.
The equipment is valued at $4,000 and was not an easy purchase for Firehouse. The restaurant collected donations all year and sold empty 5-gallon pickle buckets to raise the money.