1.Blount County Covered Bridge Festival is Saturday in downtown Oneonta from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. arts and crafts, car and motorcycle show and check out the little stores on main street. It's free. http://blog.al.com/bargain-mom/2009/10/blounty_county_covered_bridge.html
2. Bass Pro Shops two events this Saturday Professional Bull Riding event with lots activities for children. Including: Oct. 24-25 Noon-4 p.m. --
* Kids can paint and decorate a craft pumpkin
* Marshmallow roasting
* Sample Dutch Oven Apple Cobbler
* John Wayne Lil Duke Look-a-like Contest at 2 p.m.
* Meet PBR pros from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
* Stick bull riding, face painting, casting contest, make a free leather craft
Trick or treating and costume parades on Oct.30-31
3. Birmingham Children's Theater free production of The Electric Company by Sesame Street. Starts at 10 a.m. tickets are available at 9 a.m. at the box office at the BJCC.
4.Toys R Us is having a Bricktober 500 Lego event at noon. Children will be able to build Lego cars get fake driver's license and race each other with their creations. http://blog.al.com/bargain-mom/2009/10/toys_r_us_free_events_coming_s.html
TUESDAY -- PET SUPPLIES PLUS in Hoover is having a Pet Nutrition Advisory Board Tuesday from 10 a.m. to noon. The first 25 customers to attend with their pet will receive a $25 Pet Supplies Plus Gift Card. The nutrition seminar is free. http://blog.al.com/bargain-mom/2009/10/pet_supplies_plus_in_hoover_fr.html
BRUNSWICK BOWLING LANES wants you print coupons for free bowling games to pass out on Halloween instead of candy. The coupons are good for the free game. You will have to pay for the shoe rental. Good alternative to candy. http://blog.al.com/bargain-mom/2009/10/brunswick_zone_bowling_coupons.html Mount them on some fun paper so it won't feel so weird handing out strips of paper.