New Orleans Food and Spirits
12-24 fresh raw oysters, shucked
Fresh Lemon (optional)
Garlic Parmesan Butter
- ½ pound butter (2 sticks), softened
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped in food processor
- 2 oz parmesan cheese
- 2 oz parsley
- ½ teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 1 teaspoons salt
- ½ tablespoons thyme
- ½ teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
Mix all ingredients for butter in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
Heat grill on high.
Shuck oysters and free from bottom shell by sliding knife under between oyster and shell.
Place oysters on grill and baste with butter. Place bread on warming shelf on grill (or coldest spot, careful not to burn!).
Cook oysters 4-5 minutes over high heat, until butter is just starting to boil.
Remove from grill and dust with fresh parmesan and lemon juice.