5 Each French Bread, sliced ½" on bias
As Needed Butter, melted
1 1/4 Cup Tomato Relish (Recipe Follows)
5 teaspoons Basil Pesto
5 Each Reggianno, Parmesan, shaved
- 1. Make Tomato relish 4-8 hours ahead.
- 2. Pre-heat oven to 400 F or set at broil.
- 3. Butter each piece of French bread with butter. (Both sides)
- 4. Place sliced French bread on tray and toast both sides in the oven.
- 5. Remove and top each piece of bread with ¼ cup of Tomato Relish.
- 6. Place topped bread side by side on a plate.
- 7. Drizzle basil pesto and place each piece of shaved parmesan on top of each bread.
2 Cups Tomatoes, Diced 1/4"
2 Tablespoon Capers
¼ Cup Italian Dressing (Available in Supermarkets)
1 Tablespoon Basil, Julienne
1 Tablespoon Scallions, Sliced 1/8"
1 ½ teaspoons Coarse Grind Black Pepper or Freshly Ground Black Pepper