AHI TUNA SASHIMI
5 oz. wt. Tuna
3 Tbsp. Teriyaki Sauce
1 Each Whole eggs
As Needed Black & white Sesame Seeds
1 Cup Napa Cabbage, sliced 1/8 inch
2 Tbsp. Carrots, julienne 1/8 inch
2 oz. vol. Asian Sesame Ginger Dressing
1 Tbsp. Sriracha Sauce
1 Tbsp. Wasabi Paste
1 Tbsp. Pickled Ginger
1 oz. vol. Soy Sauce for Dipping
1 oz. vol. Asian Sesame Ginger Dressing
1 Tbsp. Green Onions, sliced 1/8" on a bias
Canola Oil for Frying
- 1. Mix eggs and Teriyaki sauce together in a mixing bowl.
- 2. Place tuna in bowl and coat with egg mixture. Place on a plate to allow excess egg mixture to drain off.
- 3. Coat glazed tuna with sesame seeds.
- 4. Preheat a sauté pan with oil ¾" deep. Bring oil up to 375 degrees F.
- 5. Place tuna in oil and sear for 20 seconds. Turn over and continue to sear for an additional 20 seconds until lightly brown.
- 6. Refrigerate to cool down.
- 7. Place cabbage mix on plate from 3 -9, left to right.
- 8. Drizzle Asian Sesame Ginger Dressing over cabbage mix, approximately
1 ½ oz. vol.
9. Slice tuna ¼" thin approximately 6-7 slices. Fan tuna over
cabbage blend starting with the two end pieces and then the
10. Drizzle Asian Sesam Ginger Dressing over tuna.
11. Decorate plate with Sriracha Sauce.
- 12. Scoop Wasabi Paste and form in a square.
13. Form a pickled ginger into a rose.
- 14. Serve with the Soy Sauce and Asian Sesame Ginger as dipping sauces.
- 15. Garnish tuna with slice green onions.
- 16. Serve with a set of chop sticks, if desired.