HOOVER, AL (WBRC) - The Hoover Police Department will not release information on the investigation into the police-involved shooting death of Emantic ‘EJ’ Bradford Jr.
Bradford, 21, was killed in an Thanksgiving night officer-involved shooting the followed a fight and another shooting that injured two people.
Last week, Hoover authorities held a press conference urging ALEA to release information on their investigation into the shooting. Hoover City Councilman Derrick Murphy said that if the agency didn’t, Police Chief Nick Derzis would explore releasing the information they had.
Derzis released this statement Monday morning:
Bradford’s funeral was held Saturday, Dec. 1.
Hoover City Councilman Derrick Murphy also released a statement:
This story is developing.
- Bradford family attorney: Private autopsy reveals EJ was shot 3 times
- Hoover PD will not release info on shooting death of Emantic ‘EJ’ Bradford Jr.
- Funeral service held to honor life of EJ Bradford
- Why can’t you see the body camera video?
- Funeral for E.J. Bradford set for Saturday
- TIMELINE: What’s happened so far in the investigation into Emantic Bradford’s shooting death at the Riverchase Galleria
- Hoover councilman to ALEA: Release information from deadly Riverchase Galleria shooting
- 3 most asked questions about the Galleria shooting
- Security expert, civil rights leader commend Hoover PD protest response
- Hoover city leaders meet with family of EJ Bradford
- Funeral set for man shot by Hoover PD at Riverchase Galleria
- Mother of man killed in Galleria shooting overcome with emotion at community event
- Family of 18-year-old Galleria shooting victim releases statement
- Hoover City Council meets to discuss possible Galleria shooting lawsuit
- Protesters for Hoover shooting march down Highway 31, end up at Galleria
- Hoover mayor shares statement regarding fatal officer-involved shooting
- 12-year-old injured in Galleria shooting released from hospital
- City of Hoover, police promise transparency in investigation of fatal officer-involved shooting at Riverchase Galleria
- Attorney for Emantic Bradford’s family holds press conference; police say he likely did not fire rounds, gunman remains at large